My kids and my husband want to know why I keep the house so cold. Here are my top 5 reasons:
5) We live in the h-o-t South where we average 10-15 days a year below 40 degrees. I don’t like switching the thermostat back and forth from heat to air conditioning on a day to day basis.
4) I am a woman in the midst of menopause when hot flashes come and go. To demonstrate, put on your warmest winter clothes and walk into a sauna. Stay for 5 minutes, then exit. Wait 10 minutes and repeat the process. (Note: While in the sauna, you can’t remove any of your clothing.)
3) Having the heat on costs money–money I use to spend on Christmas presents.
2) It is easier to layer clothing than remove them.
1) Because I’m the mom and I learned when I was growing up that the mom is in charge of the thermostat. When mom is happy, everybody’s happy. 🙂